Sunday, April 3, 2011

Anchor Bolts

I had a dream.  In the dream I was preparing to go to a wedding that was going to be held at our church building - Prince of Peace Church.  As I made my way to the church building I knew that someone else was performing the ceremony, but I would be a participant in it.  As I walked into the church's entryway, I was met by a flurry of activity.  People were making flowers, placing decorations and chattering with excitement.  Everything was a buzz.

I made my way into the worship area to a surprise.  All the pews had been removed and in their place were folding chairs.  At first (in the dream) I was excited because we had thought often about the possibility of making the room more multi-use.  Oddly there were no people in the worship area and only a few decorations.

But then I looked at the floor.  The shift emotionally in my dream was significant when I discovered that the restraining bolts that hold down the pews were all cut off.  I became livid.  I even remember thinking in the dream that it was silly to be upset.  If you are going to remove the pews, you need to remove the bolts as well, but again, I WAS LIVID.  I went out of the room and started asking people why the bolts were removed but everyone seemed disinterested or oblivious.  I was so upset in the dream that I woke up agitated.

In recalling the dream and asking the Lord what it meant, He directed me to Colossians 2:
As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. (Colossians 2:6-10)
He revealed to me that the dream was about Him and His upcoming wedding to the bride.  He showed me the misdirected preparation of the bride. There is a flurry of activity and excitement in the entryway but there was no concern regarding the main issue - we were not anchored to the foundation.  He has been drilling this message into me.  See my past blog: How Are Your Roots? We are entering into a season of intense change and transition.  The world is in an uproar as nations teeter and finances shake.  Earthquakes are literally shaking us to the core.  In the midst of all the preparations and excitement, we must be sure of the true foundation - Jesus Christ - and build only on Him.  On Christ the solid rock I stand - all other ground is sinking sand!
blog comments powered by Disqus