Thursday, March 28, 2013

Seventy Days of Blessing - Day Twelve

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ

This morning I read the following in a Joyce Meyer devotion entitled: "Take Challenges One Day at a Time."

"I strongly urge you to face your challenges one day at a time. Looking too far down the road only tends to overwhelm us. Trusting God requires that we believe He gives us our 'daily bread'; that is, we receive what we need as we need it and usually not before."

As move down this road of Seventy Days of Blessing (today is Day 12), we cannot afford to look ahead several days or several weeks.  Faith in action will always begin with that one step we take.  In Matthew 16:15-16, the Lord asks: "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 

And our next step depends totally on this confession - "Lord, you are the Christ, the Son of the living God.  I put my full trust in You and only in You as I move into this day of blessing one step at a time."
blog comments powered by Disqus