Saturday, July 13, 2013

GOD RENDERED HIS VERDICT - DECREE LIFE

Over two weeks ago, the Texas Senate was experiencing a filibuster.  All of Texas was watching and praying.  As I personally watched the events unfold online, I was praying for the Lord to intervene and allow the Senate to pass the bill which would protect the life of the unborn after twenty weeks . It would also protect women from substandard clinics. 

It didn't look good as the deadline of midnight drew closer.  Around 11:15, the Lord spoke a word into my heart: "Tom, close your computer, I have rendered my verdict."  I obeyed.  I closed down the computer and went into a deep night's sleep.

I awoke to discover that the bill had not passed due to a "mob spirit" in the chambers.  The deadline had passed even though the vote was taken.  BUT the Lord kept declaring: "I have rendered my verdict."

A Second Special Session was called.  The bill (House Bill 2) went through the process again. Tensions rose at the capital.  As I personally stood in the capital on Monday, I could feel the presence of God even in the midst of the protests.  And finally last night.  Here is a Facebook post by Representative Phil King:
I stand amazed - how can anyone honestly believe that at five months this is not a baby? Last night, after weeks of unruly protest and debate, the Legislature finally passed a strong Pro-Life measure, HB 2. The bill will 1) prohibit abortions in Texas after five months of pregnancy; 2) require that a doctor personally administer abortion-inducing drugs to patients; 3) require abortions be performed in ambulatory surgical centers, which have more stringent health and safety requirements than do current abortion clinics; and 4) require that doctors performing abortions in Texas have credentials for a hospital within 30 miles of where they are performing abortions. Thousands came to the Capitol in mob like protest. Last night 18 canisters of urine and feces were confiscated by police as protestors tried to enter the Senate Gallery. Two chained themselves to the Gallery rail. Others had to be forcibly removed by police. By my count there were over 50 DPS (Department of Public Safety) troopers in the Senate chamber alone.
But God rendered His verdict.  Life was decreed by God and by the Texas Legislature!  One of the most courageous voices was Senator Lucio of Brownsville.  He is a Democrat who stood for life.  As he spoke the following verse came to mind:
"For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ" (Galatians 1:10).
In the end - God rendered His verdict!  Life for Texas.  The bill will be signed by Governor Perry.



blog comments powered by Disqus