Monday, August 8, 2011

More Thoughts!

Oh well.  I thought yesterday's blog was the last of "daily blogs" for awhile, but not so.  As I was waking up this morning (got to sleep late after a full weekend), I felt there was something more that needed to be stated about God's intentions.

The big question seems to be: "When will this drought end?"  Personally, I believe and declare that it is ending but I need to remember that the last fifty days was not about "breaking a drought" but about passionately kneeling  before our Lord as people hungry and thirsty only for Him.  He wants our full attention.  This is about Him and His kingdom.  As powerful as The Response was - it was not intended to be just a one-day spectacular event.

And then I read a word sent this morning by Ginny Bryan (TXAPN Council Member from Waskom):
"Yesterday morning as I stood in the kitchen the Lord stopped me mid stride and said, "I am going to turn up the heat".  I felt this was not in the context of actual temperatures but in events that will cause pressure.  I also heard him say, "It is not the faithful remnant's attention I am going to get.  I will cause every knee to bow. "  I could see in the spirit that when there is no place else to go even those who do not, or will not, believe will have to come to him.

I meditated most of the day yesterday on the fact that the Hebrews who lived among the Egyptians as slaves had to endure the pressure of the plagues but in the end the Father did not allow death to touch them.  They came out and through whole, healthy and carrying the treasures of Egypt.  But I bet they sure didn't like going through all of that stuff either.

Can hardly wait to get to the other side of whatever is coming.
"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father "(Philippians 2:9-11).

P.S. For a great report on the response - go to Joel Rosenberg.
blog comments powered by Disqus