Friday, October 19, 2012

Be Expectant!

One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
To behold the #beauty of the LORD
And to meditate in His temple (Psalm 27:4)
 
This morning in my prayers I started crying.  I was interceding for our congregation and its readiness for Sunday.  I was asking the Lord to make us expectant for His presence and glory. As I prayed I was reminded of my grandson TJ. 

He was jumping and chattering this morning before I took him to school.  Today he was going to the zoo.  He was making gorilla sounds and chattering like a monkey.  As I thought about him, the tears came.  Lord, make us that excited for You. Let us awaken every day with an expectancy to see Your face.  And especially as we gather corporately at Your throne in worship - let our hearts pump with joy, excitement, anticipation and expectancy.  We are coming before our God and King!

When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You,
"Your face, O LORD, I shall seek." (Psalm 27:8)
blog comments powered by Disqus