Thursday, October 4, 2012

Unlocking the Destiny

Last Saturday, September 29, I was honored and privileged to participate in America for Jesus 2012 in Philadelphia. According to the America for Jesus website, the gathering was...
A solemn assembly to summon together the whole body of Christ to pray for the church and our nation. Based on the text in 2 Kings 2:19-22, we believe God is calling His people to bring “the salt” which is the church to the head of the waters where the foundation of our American liberty was birthed in Philadelphia and to intercede for God to heal the land. 2 Kings 2:19-22 19And the men of the city said unto Elisha, Behold, I pray thee, the situation of this city is pleasant, as my lord seeth: but the water is naught, and the ground barren.  20And he said, Bring me a new cruse, and put salt therein. And they brought it to him. 21And he went forth unto the spring of the waters, and cast the salt in there, and said, Thus saith the LORD, I have healed these waters; there shall not be from thence any more death or barren land.  22So the waters were healed unto this day, according to the saying of Elisha which he spake. 
You can read a press release regarding the event here!

Independence Hall Replica Key
A couple of weeks before we journeyed to Philadelphia, I received an impression from the Lord that I was use a key to unlock the destiny of the church and the nation. 
The key of the house of David I will lay on his shoulder; So he shall open, and no one shall shut; And he shall shut, and no one shall open. (Isaiah 22:22 NKJV)
This did not surprise me.  In the past the Lord has instructed me to use keys for prophetic acts.  You might recall from previous blogs that my name Schlueter means "Keeper of the Keys of the Prison."

Oftentimes when we are out on a prayer assignment I will search for keys for my collection.  Knowing that the Lord was sending us to Philadelphia, I researched the National Park Service Site for Independence Hall and discovered that the visitor center gift shop offered a replica of the key which opened Independence Hall.

When Kay and I arrived in Philadelphia we journeyed to Independence Mall and I headed directly to the gift shop.  I began immediately to proclaim that "the destiny of the nation" from this historical root was being unlocked.

One problem.  As I arrived at American for Jesus on Saturday, I was told by the leaders that my portion of the event would be prayers regarding the deadly sin of gluttony.  I had originally been assigned "slothfulness" which would have fit the theme of "calling the church and nation to new life or to wake up" but what I am supposed to do with gluttony?  Before going on the stage, I was informed that Rick Torrison (the other coordinator from Texas) and I were to "CALL THE ARMY OF GOD TO COME FORTH!" 

AMEN.
.
With the key firmly in my hand I unlocked the shackles that were on the church (corporately and individually) and called the church and the nation to come forth.  I unlocked the church and released it into its destiny.  I called the nation into its God-given destiny.
blog comments powered by Disqus