Friday, April 26, 2013

Seventy Days of Blessing - Day Forty-One

Dear Friends,

Life is precious.  Friendship is precious.  My heart is heavy this morning.

John Peel of Bethel Mission in Roma, Texas, went into glory yesterday. John is a dear friend who served the Lord all his life along the border of Texas and Mexico. I first met his family over twenty years ago when we stayed at their mission as a stopping off point for our Prince of Peace Church mission trips into Mexico. He served as one of our regional coordinators for the Texas Apostolic Prayer Network. I will sorely miss him but he is now with Jesus and his beloved Jan!
"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?" These things I remember and I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go along with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God, With the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival. Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him For the help of His presence" (Psalms 42:1-5).
My soul is indeed heavy and disturbed – BUT – John's hope and our hope is in God.  It is He who will receive my praise! We rejoice in Him.  We declare life in the midst of death!  We celebrate resurrection and victory!  Thank you John for your friendship and faithfulness.  Thank you Lord Jesus for welcoming him home into Your arms.

Dr. Thomas Schlueter
Prince of Peace House of Prayer, Pastor
Texas Apostolic Prayer Network, Coordinator
blog comments powered by Disqus