Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Seventy Days of Blessing - Day Fifty-Two

Dear Friends,

I remember years ago when the movie, The Passion came out.  It so powerfully and graphically portrayed the suffering that our Lord endured for us.  I went to one of the first showings because my daughter wanted to see it and I told her that I would view it first for her.  Well, the next showing started and she watched it.  But I was with her.  Yes, I watched it twice.

During the first showing I was tearing up and cringing as I watch the scene of Jesus being scourged. But during the second showing, knowing what was coming, I experienced this tremendous joy surging through me.  It was "just" a movie but the truth of the sacrifice and suffering set into me.  I am healed.  You are healed.  The Lord is our healer!
"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed."Isaiah 53:5 NKJV

blog comments powered by Disqus