Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Seventy Days of Blessing - Day Sixty-Five

Dear Praying Saints,

Once again we have witnessed a horrific storm that caused great loss and damage.  Our prayers go out to Moore, Oklahoma.  I personally am thankful for the Lord's revelation.  I was supposed to drive north to Oklahoma City on Sunday afternoon for a Monday meeting.  I normally leave that meeting about 2 in the afternoon in order to get home before rush hour traffic.  Just prior to leaving on Sunday, the Lord strongly impressed on me that I was not to go.  I was not sure why since the Sunday storms were moving away from Oklahoma City.  I did not realize until yesterday afternoon that I would have been going through Oklahoma City and Moore at the time of the tornado.  Thank you, Lord.

My prayers are now for all of those who have suffered great loss.  I weep for those parents who have lost children.  I pray for the church and responders in Oklahoma and the surrounding states as they help those in need.  I know that our Lord reigns and He will bring forth His life and strength into their lives.
God is our refuge and strength, 
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change 
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;
Though its waters roar  and  foam, 
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, 
The holy dwelling places of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; 
God will help her when morning dawns.
The nations made an uproar, the kingdoms tottered; 
He raised His voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us;  The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.
Come, behold the works of the Lord, 
Who has wrought desolations in the earth. He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; 
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; 
He burns the chariots with fire.
"Cease  striving  and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
 The Lord  of hosts is with us; 
The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.

blog comments powered by Disqus