Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Statewide Call to Pray! Day Sixteen!

The wheat and the tares!

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”  (Matthew 13:24-30)

Last fall, as a part of a prophetic act, I planted a bed of winter wheat.  Throughout the winter and early spring it came to full harvest.  During the Pentecost season I harvested the grain.  As I did the Lord began to speak to me about removing the tares or weeds.  When I read this parable in the past, I had always assumed that the tares represented the evils of the world around me, but now realized that it was the cares, worries, evils and sin that wove through my own life and were a part of the roots of my life.

As I harvested the wheat, I cut the tares (some of which had woven around the stalks of the wheat) as well.  With the grain resting in my hand, I was able to readily distinguish between the wheat and tares and carefully, but quickly, remove the tares from the sheaf of grain.  I tossed the tares into the trash heap.  The Lord released an unforgettable truth into my heart.  I believe daily He draws into His hands those who are His own.  And daily, as we submit to Him in repentance, He removes the tares from us.  He then places us (as I mentioned yesterday) on the threshing floor for the process of threshing and sifting us into pure grain.

The Lord is gathering, threshing and sifting us as individuals, as a state and as a nation.  Submit to Him.  He is developing a kingdom people.  Sam Brassfield posted on Facebook yesterday: "Many things are changing both In the world at large, and in the church world. The separation of the wheat and fake wheat (weeds) in the kingdom of God in the earth! The shaking of all things will only increase in the next decade!"  Yes and amen.  Lord, begin with us!
blog comments powered by Disqus