Thursday, December 1, 2011

They Saw the Light - Abraham Part 3

Come into my heart
Come into my heart
Come into my heart, Lord Jesus
Come into today
Come in to stay
Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.

Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High. And he blessed him and said:

      “ Blessed be Abram of God Most High,
      Possessor of heaven and earth;
      And blessed be God Most High,
      Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.”
And he gave him a tithe of all. Now the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, and take the goods for yourself. But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have raised my hand to the LORD, God Most High, the Possessor of heaven and earth,  that I will take nothing, from a thread to a sandal strap, and that I will not take anything that is yours, lest you should say, ‘I have made Abram rich’—except only what the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men who went with me: Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.” (Genesis 14:18-24)

Abram meets Melchizedek. Abram meets Jesus. Abram meets the Light! 

It is clear from the testimony of Scripture that Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Everything we know about Melchizedek is a reference to Jesus Himself. Jesus as a priest is one with the Father.  Jesus will do nothing or say nothing except that which is on His Father’s heart. Jesus, as a priest, releases His kingdom authority in the form of justice, righteousness, peace, salvation, healing and blessing. Anything that Jesus releases out of His character and His nature is God’s authority being released into our lives to change our lives. Do you realize that when Jesus says something, it immediately effects a change because it is based on the authority and dominion of God?"* 

Jesus released His light to Abram.  Jesus releases His light to you!

*Copyright 2005, Return of the Priest, Prince of Peace Press.
blog comments powered by Disqus