Thursday, December 1, 2011

They Saw the Light - Adam and Eve Part 4

Come into my heart
Come into my heart
Come into my heart, Lord Jesus
Come into today
Come in to stay
Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.

"You know the story of how Adam landed us in the dilemma we're in— first sin, then death, and no one exempt from either sin or death. That sin disturbed relations with God in everything and everyone, but the extent of the disturbance was not clear until God spelled it out in detail to Moses. So death, this huge abyss separating us from God, dominated the landscape from Adam to Moses. Even those who didn't sin precisely as Adam did by disobeying a specific command of God still had to experience this termination of life, this separation from God. But Adam, who got us into this, also points ahead to the One who will get us out of it" (Romans 5:12-14 The Message)

I was meditating on the Genesis story of the fall of Adam and Eve.  I've read it so many times.  But my heart was stirred when the Lord directed me to read ahead to Genesis 4:1 - "Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain..."  Immediately the Lord revealed to me that Cain had neither seen nor experienced the glorious and intimate presence of God that Adam and Eve had known in the garden. The first born of Adam and Eve had to be taught!  It has been said, "There are no grandchildren in the kingdom."  Each person and each generation must be told of the wondrous news of God's presence, salvation and light.  The other evening we had our daughter, her husband and their two children over for supper.  We lit the Advent candles and prayed together.  Three generations watched that candle burn.  Three generations know His light.  You've seen the light - pass it on!






blog comments powered by Disqus