Friday, June 25, 2010

Can This Really Happen?

Yesterday morning I received an email from a dear friend in Texas.  I am presently on vacation in Arizona.  A portion of that email read:

"Tom, I feel that I need to share something here.  The drought in Texas has begun again, with such a vengeance that it will make last years look tame.  The ranchers in our area are selling off cattle like mad, the ponds are drying up and the grass is dead.  Most of these ranchers do not start feeding until August, they have begun feeding now. Because of the late spring rains, planting was delayed, then the heat wave of June has caused great disaster to the crops. The catch 22 of the Gulf storms, is that these storms bring up much needed rain, right through the farm belt.  These Gulf storms are the bread and butter of rain for these farmers.  I do understand the horrendous danger of chemical disaster if these Gulf storms occur, but we need rain, desperately. So therefore, I am just letting you know that we must see rain and soon, or there could be a real serious crop failure, that will affect this nation."

I immediately wrote back:

"The drought is trying to resettle in the state. Go out on the land and remind it that it no longer has a Baal principality governing over it. We are divorced from that system. This drought can not overtake us. The Lord reigns over us and this state. The drought must not only back away - it must dissolve in Jesus' name."


To discover more about the Baal principality and divorcing it, go to this link: Baal. About an hour later she wrote back to me:


"Tom, this is AMAZING,  I went out and walked MY land, I wrote down what you told me to pray, and walked and prayed.  When I went out it was overcast but no clouds,  I now have TWO HUGE RAIN clouds hovering right over my land.  I am going out to continue to pray.  If we just obey,  thank you Lord."

Less than an hour later, I received another email.

"TOM, I AM YELLING HERE!!! JUMPING UP AND DOWN,  IT IS RAINING TOM!! IT IS RAINING!! Pull up a map, I am between Bells and Savoy Texas on Eastline road, JUST AROUND MY PROPERTY IT IS RAINING,  DEAR JESUS, RAIN, OH THANK YOU."

Can this really happen?  Yes.  Our Lord God is a creator and supplier of weather which sustains, strengthens and gives life.  The land, which is literally groaning with travail (Romans 8) is waiting for us to declare that the Lord is in charge.  He is in charge of the rain.  His hand is on the Gulf of Mexico.  His words will direct the path of storms. Trust in the Lord.  Call on Him to bless the land.  Remind the land that it belongs to God not Baal.
blog comments powered by Disqus