Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Statewide Call to Pray - Day Forty-One!

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand. 
I have been young, and now am old
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, 
Nor his descendants begging bread.
He is ever merciful, and lends;
And his descendants are blessed.
(Psalm 37:23-26)

Yesterday I had the combined joy and sorrow of participating in the 'homegoing" or "coronation" of Floyd Alves.  He entered the heavenly courts on July 20, 2011. Beth Alves, his wife wrote, "It was a bitter sweet goodbye. Precious in the way he sat up, smiled with eyes shining brightly, looked upward and reached his hands toward heaven as he left this earth of his heavenly home."  Floyd and Beth co-founded Increase International, which was formerly known as Intercessors International.  Both of them have been instrumental in the release of God's intercessory and prophetic destiny in my life.

During the memorial gathering I was asked to read a note written by Floyd's daughter, Cindy Divers.  At the end of the note she shares the same message that I quoted from Beth above.  BUT she goes on to write:
On Monday morning, July 25, I was sitting with Mother while she was working on writing Daddy's obituary.  While sitting there I was looking up the two pages of his favorite scripture references he had left behind for us.  I had gotten his personal Bible out of his office to use to look up these scriptures.  After a couple of minutes of turning page after page, I noticed a familiar smell.  It was his smell...a mix of Old Spice and Dial Soap.  I lifted the Bible to my nose to take a sniff.  Daddy's smell was all throughout the Word of God!  Tears came to my eyes as I thought of the unexpected legacy he left behind for us.  Daddy had spent so much time in the Word of God that the Word and his smell intermixed with each other.  Wow, but that is who my Daddy was....a man who love his Father God more than anything else and spent many many hours with him.  Your love and the legacy you left us will remain in our hearts forever.
For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. (2 Corinthians 2:15-16)

Why did I share this? As we exit our wilderness journey with the Lord - we will have His aroma!


blog comments powered by Disqus