Today is Day 13 of a twenty-one day initiative to end human trafficking in the United States and Mexico. You can download the Prayer Guide through this link: Prayer Guide.
Today we are asking the Lord regarding the need for resources!
Personal RepentanceFather, forgive me if I, in any way, have not paid attention to the brokenness of those who have been victimized by these horrendous crimes. I repent if I have not helped to meet and provide the restorative needs so crucial in seeing victims recover and reintegrated into society.
Corporate RepentanceToday we acknowledge that in our two nations, our vulnerable children are caught in the middle of a broken legal system. We ask Your forgiveness that as the Church and as a nation, we have done virtually nothing to change this situation. Forgive us and our nation for ways in which we have devalued women and children and left them to fend for themselves. We acknowledge Your Word: “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute (Proverbs 31:8).” Lord, we repent that we who are free have not spoken up for those who are not free to speak for themselves.
- We call out to You, El Shaddai, the God who is more than enough, asking You to release abundant provision for the rescuing and restoring of victims of sex trafficking.
- Bring to light the ineffectiveness of the system, and make the public, government and law enforcement aware of the inadequacies.
- We pray that Your Church would lead the way in finding creative, godly, and effective strategies to fix the legal and governmental system that our vulnerable women and children are trapped in.
- Lord, raise up houses of restoration within Your Church to provide safe havens for sex trafficking victims.
- Lord, we recognize that the problems of sex trafficking are so complex that we can never fix the problem in the wisdom of man. We ask for Your supernatural wisdom to know how to put an end to this evil.
- Even as You used Abraham Lincoln to abolish slavery during the Civil War, we ask You to raise up and anoint modern day reformers to overturn the evil of human trafficking.