Today is Day 17 of a twenty-one day initiative to end human trafficking in the United States and Mexico. You can download the Prayer Guide through this link: Prayer Guide.
Today we will focus our prayer and repentance on the issues unique to US-Mexico border towns.
No longer will violence be heard in your land, nor ruin or destruction within your borders, but you will call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise. –Isaiah 60:18
A border town is a gateway into and out of a nation where people and goods continually cross back and forth. It is a place where cultures collide and blend to such a degree that it can be difficult to distinguish which country you’re really while you’re there.
Personal RepentanceFather, I repent if I lacked awareness, compassion, and intercession for the struggles faced daily by those living in border towns.
Corporate RepentanceLord, on behalf of our two nations, we repent for acting wrongly towards the people of our neighboring nation. Forgive us for harboring unforgiveness and resentment towards one another over the past and over the actions of government leaders and forefathers. We repent for all the ways we have not been good neighbors, and for all the ways we have exploited one another. Forgive us for not loving one another according to Your command.
- We pray that our two nations would commit to loving and unselfishly helping each other.
- We seek You for the grace to love and live as good neighbors, and for godly wisdom to overcome our differences.
- Father God, impart Your just and righteous characteristics to the hearts and minds of our local, state, and national government leaders.
- Teach us how to demonstrate Your humility and love for one another in meaningful and tangible ways.
- Lord, we bless our neighboring nation and their leaders with godly wisdom and passion for justice.
- Give our leaders and the people of our two nations hearts to know You and walk in Your ways.
- Father, I bless my nation with a spirit of mercy, reconciliation, and healing. I bless my neighboring nation with Your protection, provision, and economic stability.