Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Freedom 21

Today is the beginning of a twenty-one day initiative to end human trafficking in the United States and Mexico.  You can download the Prayer Guide through this link: Prayer Guide.

Today we are asking the Lord to deal with our apathy.

Personal Repentance

Lord, I repent if my heart has been apathetic or if I have been too concerned with my own comfort and convenience to truly see the urgency of this issue. I ask forgiveness if I have bee indifferent and inactive while lives are being tormented and ended.

Corporate Repentance

God, as Your body and Your children, we repent for seeing this as someone elses problem to solve instead of engaging in it ourselves. We repent for selfishness, indifference, and apathy. Anoint and empower us to confront and stop human trafficking in the United States and Mexico!

Intercession

• Father, over these next 21 days, I ask You to give me Your heart for the victims of human trafficking all around the world. Stir me to pray like never before.
• Please open the eyes of Your Church to fully see this issue for the tragedy it is, to own it, and to take action to stop it.
• Lord, awaken Your bride to fight for what matters to Your heart. Give us the passion to fight injustice and the wisdom to create strategies that will bring breakthrough and healing to those who have been victimized by human trafficking.
blog comments powered by Disqus