Today is Day 19 of a twenty-one day initiative to end human trafficking in the United States and Mexico. You can download the Prayer Guide through this link: Prayer Guide.
Today we will focus our prayer and repentance on the issues unique to US-Mexico border towns - the innocent ones.
The Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy. –Psalm 140:12
Personal RepentanceLord, forgive me is I have not cared about the legal battle for innocent victims. I ask that you would give me ideas and show me ways that I can get involved on behalf of survivors from a legislative perspective.
Corporate RepentanceFather, we confess that we have often declared righteousness but failed to work for righteousness. Help us to be true in word and deed. Grant us your wisdom to know how to address this issue in our own communities.
- Father God, give Your people favor as we advocate for more effective legislation and more comprehensive enforcement regarding human trafficking.
- Bring the issue of sex trafficking to the forefront of the media, making the public and our legislators keenly aware of the pervasiveness of this issue.
- Turn the hearts and minds of legislators toward being receptive to passing more effective human trafficking laws. Bring conviction and wisdom to our legislators regarding the need to update statutes and develop strategies for better enforcement of them.
- I pray for the exposure and removal of any corruption related to sex trafficking in the government of my state and nation.
- Lord, bring a spiritual awakening among legislators and the law enforcement community, uniting and empowering them to be a more effective force to fight evils such as sex trafficking.