Today is Day 14 of a twenty-one day initiative to end human trafficking in the United States and Mexico. You can download the Prayer Guide through this link: Prayer Guide.
Today we are praying for law enforcement!
Personal RepentanceFather, I repent if there have been times I have spoken or thought negatively of the law enforcement profession. Forgive me for taking for granted the risks they face daily to protect my community.
Corporate RepentanceGod, forgive Your Church for not lifting up our law enforcement professionals in prayer with more frequency. Forgive us for not seeing them as partners in our visions for our communities. Forgive us for leaving them to carry the burden of lawlessness alone and not speaking up when we see or suspect criminal activity taking place.
- Father, release strategy and wisdom for protocol in how to handle victims when rescued and how to prosecute those who enslave them. We pray that law enforcement and Christian organizations would work together effectively to provide immediate and long-term assistance for those rescued.
- God, help local, state, and federal levels of law enforcement improve interagency coordination and communication. Bring about collaboration and information sharing between the governmental agencies of Mexico and the USA, resulting in more arrests and convictions of leaders of sex trafficking organizations.
- We pray for successful media campaigns which will educate the public and professionals in how to identify sex trafficking victims and how to report suspicious activity to the police.
- Grant police agencies adequate training, resources, and manpower to successfully investigate sex trafficking crimes, rescue victims, make arrests, and build cases against perpetrators.
- Protect our law enforcement officers and their families from harm. Encourage them, and let them know that there are thousands of Christians praying for their safety and success.